9.25.2006

hungry hungry hippo


We had a nice weekend. My mom and stepdad came down on Saturday. They were kind enough to watch Ben for a couple of hours so that we could run some errands. Of course, Ben had just had his prescribed daily dose of caffeine before we left, so he was a real stinker for them.

Our friend Marcia came for a visit on Saturday night, and held Ben while I wolfed down my meal. Because I was exhausted, though, I didn’t think of taking a picture.

Ben slept well on Saturday night, but I think we may have jinxed ourselves by speaking publicly about the fact that Ben has been allowing us a 4-hour stretch of sleep at night. Not so last night. Ben was up every 2 hours or so, screaming like he was the hungriest baby in the world, and why on earth were we starving him?

Chris even warmed a bottle for him so that I could sleep a little, and he downed the whole thing without batting an eye.

Everything’s somehow better once the sun comes up, so I was happy to see Ben stirring this morning. But wow, are we tired. I secretly hope this is another growth spurt - that means there will be a small light at the end of the tunnel.

Ben got his first piece of mail on Saturday. His Social Security card. Chris thought that was fun and took a picture.

Ben sleeping in bed with dad on Sunday morning.

Me. Exhausted and wearing my hair 80’s style. Don’t be jealous of the glamorous life I lead. I even got to shower Sunday!


And finally, our idiot dog. She’d been eyeing Ben’s pacifiers since the moment he came home, and yesterday, victory was hers. Chris had gone upstairs, and I was in the kitchen with Ben. I noticed Sophie was being pretty quiet, and when I turned around, she was pacing back and forth with it in her mouth, like a lion who’d just captured prey. We scolded her and threw this pacifier out. But not before we got a picture, of course.

Happy Monday!

No comments: