6.08.2007

chip off the old block

So for the playgroup Ben and I are enrolled in, we're supposed to bring swim shoes and a sunhat for him. I've had a hard time finding swim shoes, because the ones I find are Ben's size... but because he already has his dad's high arches, I actually can't get them on his feet.

But we found these today at LLBean:



They're basically a big flap on the top of the shoe. I put Ben's foot in and fasten it in with velcro. The lady at the store saw me trying to jam his foot (gently, of course) into a regular swim shoe and diplomatically suggested I try the Tevas. I think they're cute.

Also required: a sun hat. Clearly they didn't consult Ben before making this request, because if they did, he'd inform them that there's no way he's wearing one. Anytime I put anything on his head, including his cute Phillies hat, he rips it off as soon as he notices it. This fact is documented in the picture below, which was taken .2 seconds after I put his blue sun hat on his head:


But then, Sesame Street came on and Ben was distracted for a moment. Or two.



No comments: