Figures. It was on my watch when Ben fell off the bed (hasn't since, thanks), so of course it'd be on my watch when he gets his first big egg-bump on his forehead. He fell pretty badly this morning. It was when I had my back turned, filling up his sippy cup with water for breakfast. I heard a thud and there he was. Enter a year's worth of guilt.
If you look above, the bruise is just above the right eye. And below, it's as if he's saying, 'you did this to me...'
But he bounces back. The child cries for just a minute when he's hurt, and then he's back to being smiley. I don't understand it, but I'm so thankful for it. When he's smiling I know he's doing alright.
Here, some shots by Chris. Yes, his photos are always better, because he's the talented one. Chris had Ben in the dining room while I was in the kitchen putting groceries away. Ben likes to reach for the glass doorknob on the door leading to the basement. After my huge mess-up this morning, I went out and bought doorknob guards. That's what he's fooling with.
And Uncle Dan's birthday present. It's a batting tee - the happiest, most encouraging tee we've ever met. It shouts encouragements at Ben and lights up and plays music for him. Ben loves it.
8.31.2007
bump on the head.
posted by liz on Friday, August 31, 2007
tags:
bumps and bruises
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment