1.09.2008

breakfast.

I've been lazy about posting this week but today I took more video of Ben.

Please keep in mind that I know these videos are boring, but more than anything I want to capture little everyday things that Ben does, so I won't forget. I already forget what we did when he was a very young baby and wish I'd taken more video of him then. So I know they're boring. Forgive me.

The first part of the clip shows me playing with his hair. I love his hair. I find myself running my fingers through it all the time. Baby hair (that I have to cut soon).

The second part shows him 'singing.' Right now he recognizes the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (which, before I became a parent, I didn't realize were the same song). He likes to sing to those, but this is a different song, most recently from the movie Juno.*

The third part, he says 'again' after I play the ABC song for him. We listen to it a lot because he recognizes it. By the way, I know he isn't really saying 'again.'

Then in the fourth clip, he says good morning to Sophie. Soph sleeps later than all of us and so I usually have to drag her out of bed. She gives him a special good morning treat.

In the fifth and final clip, Ben gets his yogurt. He sees the yogurt container and immediately gets excited. When we go to the grocery store, I have to hide the yogurt from him while I put it in the cart. Otherwise, he goes bonkers.

I present, Ben:




*It's originally by the Moldy Peaches, but it's also in the movie Juno. Here's a video of the song with movie clips from Fox Searchlight. Not for younger viewers, really, given the subject matter - and it's a bit of a spoiler. So don't watch it if you haven't seen the movie!

No comments: