1.19.2008

march for babies. again!

This past April, Chris and I formed a team to walk in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica. Because Ben was premature, and because he benefited from excellent care in the NICU, we felt like it was only right for us to support the March of Dimes.

Our team name was Ben's Friends, and with the help of countless family members and friends, we raised nearly $1500. It was a beautiful day, unseasonably warm as I remember, and it was great to spend time with everyone.

By the end of the walk last year (I think it was 10k? 6 miles? I don't even remember), we were pooped. I can only speak for myself when I say that I swore I'd never do it again. But we decided to give it another go this year. What the heck.

We'd like to welcome you all to join us. You can join our team and walk for as little as you want, as much as you want, or not at all. You can raise money, you can donate, or you can just send us well wishes and good vibes. Any support is GREATLY appreciated.

There's a link to the right - the March for Babies logo will take you to our Team Page. I also sent out an email earlier... I'm sorry if you got it and didn't feel like reading it or were annoyed by it, but that's the best way for us to communicate effectively and quickly. If you didn't get it, it's either because I didn't have your email address, or because I thought you might egg our house if we sent you a mass email. If you didn't receive it and would like to see what it looked like, click on the image below to see.


If you have any questions about the walk, or about joining our team, or about donating, or company matching, or anything else I haven't mentioned, please be in touch. My email is elizabeth dot reif at gmail dot com.

And thanks, as always, for being so supportive of Ben and of us.

No comments: