1.12.2008

Saturday morning.

I love Saturday mornings. Chris is here and can relax with us and we can all take it easy while we wake up.

One thing we've noticed about Ben is that he wakes up hungry just like his mama. We always wonder why he's so cranky and anxious to get downstairs... And then we give him his milk he chugs it like it's his last meal.

We went to the Melrose Diner this morning for breakfast. Ben was a star - he loves sitting at the counter and watching the people all around. There was an elderly man sitting on the other side of me, and he and Ben were having a playful conversation the whole time we were there. After we sat down, one of the waitresses called out, "HIIIIII Benjamin!!!!!" he smiled at her and everyone else around us. He was pretty proud of himself. At the end of our meal, one of the other men at the counter said in a gruff voice, "What, did this kid take happy pills this morning?" We laughed.


When we got home, Ben and Chris were in the dining room playing. It was quiet in there for a bit and I looked in to see Chris lying on his back and Ben over to the side playing with his Busy Ball Popper. I always check in on the two of them, because I know Chris loves falling asleep in on the floor when Ben is playing. It's not his fault; he's a Reif and can fall asleep in 4 seconds.

So I went in and had a seat behind Ben. I took a look at what he was doing, and saw this:

Turns out Ben had been stuffing his foam blocks into the ball popper. Quietly, so Chris didn't think to see what he was doing. It should also be mentioned that during this time, Chris was trying to see how high of a tower of these foam blocks he could build. On his forehead.

(Sometimes I feel like I have two sons. But it keeps me laughing.)

Below, Sophie, Ben's guardian, watches over him.

No comments: