Chris and I had a super time in New York. We got to see Uncle Josh, Matt & Ashley, and Ian & Michelle.
As part of my birthday present, Chris made an appointment for me at Bumble & bumble for color and a cut. I was there for 5 (!) hours on Saturday. The place is so fun/funny. There are assistants buzzing around everywhere, helping the colorists and the stylists. They linger on the outskirts of the place, looking like they're totally disinterested, looking like they're at a photo shoot, and they jump when they're needed. This guy cracked me up so I took a picture of him. He turned out to be the guy who blew out my hair..jpg)
Saturday night we stayed at the Hudson Hotel, and it was so nice to be in a warm, comfy bed. We had a great view and were able to sleep in past 6:30.
Sunday we had brunch with Ian and Michelle and then headed back to get Ben. He's developed a runny nose & cough, so undoubtedly my mom will be getting sick in the next few days. He always gives her his colds.
We had a fantastic dinner there for my birthday, and then we headed home. It was a packed weekend. I'm 31 but I still feel like I'm 24 or so.
Yesterday with the nice weather, we took some walks around town. We were eating lunch outside at a cafe near our house and this little boy came up to us with a box of puppies. He was proud that his dog had just had puppies and he was walking around the neighborhood showing people.
We went to the park after lunch, where Ben took a ride on the swings, and climbed all over the little-kids-junglegym.
The video below is definitely gross, so be forewarned. I love the Gerber Nasal Aspirator, and don't mind so much when Ben has a cold because it means I get to use it. I tell him that I am The Booger Collector. In any event, apparently Ben likes the thing too, and now I have proof.
2.19.2008
long weekend.
posted by liz on Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
so now we need to see your new bumble and bumble hair-do!!! :) How fun! Glad you had a good weekend!!
There is always one video that will be used later on for blackmail...that might be the one! His eating is boogers. Love it! :)
Post a Comment