2.21.2008

taking tumbles.

Today has been tough on Ben. He's tired, so he's a little less coordinated than usual. He's been taking tumbles a lot today. Part of me thinks he does it on purpose - in the time it's taken me to write these past three sentences, he's walked from room to room several times, stomping around and lurching himself forward onto the floor.

Today I put him down for his nap at 2 or so. He usually talks or sings himself to sleep, so I heard him for awhile, maybe 10 minutes or so. At some point he stood up and then fell down, and his his mouth on something. I heard the thud and froze - sometimes I think it's going to be a real doozy but it ends up being nothing. This time, however, he started wailing and couldn't catch his breath.

I raced upstairs and scooped him up, and saw that he'd cut his lip open. Here's his face, with blood on the cheek and the other bruises he's gotten today. I'd given him a wipedown already.

He hadn't napped much, and I knew he was tired, so I asked him to get his blanket. He stayed in this position for about 4 seconds.


One of his favorite things to do when he's out of his crib, is to go and look out the window. It's cute.


We headed into our bedroom and Ben got mad that I wouldn't let him play with the blinds. Here he was, sitting on the floor and complaining. Notice the blood on his shirt. We keep it classy in South Philly.


So he didn't nap at all today. It's been a real treat hanging out with Mister Moody, but I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

No comments: