2.13.2008

wednesday.


Today will go down in history as the day Ben took his Longest Nap Ever. 10am to 1:30pm. I wasn't sure what to do with myself. So rather than cleaning or doing laundry, or - gasp - showering? I sat on the couch the entire time and played Scrabulous with my Facebook friends. Pathetic. Inexcusable. But I did redeem myself later when I cleaned the kitchen and tidied up the downstairs. There has never been a day that he's slept this long, so please don't think I sit on the couch every day, eating bonbons.

Once Ben woke up we ran some errands. We had a nice late lunch at Chik-Fil-A. Can I tell you what I love about the place, aside from the fact that the employees say 'my pleasure' when they take your order? Aside from the fact that Ben is always given a balloon when we go there?


The fact that their Kids' Meals have the BEST toys ever. They're educational and just GOOD. Today, Ben's toy (for big kids, I didn't ask for an under-3 toy) was a little flip book about Presidents and First Ladies. Then, when one of the employees noticed that he was a little guy, she came over to our table and gave him the toy for kids his age. It's a board book called "Virtue Valley", and it's about two dolphin friends who are always there for each other. There's even a list of discussion questions at the back of the book. I looked on Amazon and it turns out there's a whole series. Fun.

No comments: