I've joked that Ben will be heading off to kindergarten, and still won't know what a utensil is. I admit that it's just easier to feed him myself, or to give him food he can eat with his fingers than to clean up the crazy mess he makes while spoon-feeding himself. And tipping over bowls, and throwing them on the floor.
But for the past several days, I've been good about giving him his spoon and encouraging him to use it during meals. I'm proud of the little guy; he seems to be picking it up well. I've been impressed in just the past week with how much of a sponge he is. He's repeating more that I say (just today he attempted to say 'socks'), and knows where his eyes are and points to them and says, 'ice.' Slowly but surely, he's catching up.
Ben using a spoon. from elizabeth reif on Vimeo.
Also: Chris is out tonight celebrating the opening of Neiman Group's Philly office. Everyone from the Harrisburg office came out to see what a good job he, Dan & George have been doing in Old City. I'm so happy for the guys - the office looks gorgeous, and they've been working so hard on everything. So while they're out celebrating, I'm hanging with Ben, helping him use a spoon... and giving him a bath.
Towards the end of his bath he gave me a funny look. I held my breath and feared the worst. And that's what I got. Warning: poop photo below. Click only if you dare.
And call me a mean mom if you want, but these are the types of pictures I get to embarrass him with when he brings his first girlfriend home. And I rinsed him off completely in the sink, so he wasn't sitting in it or anything.
4.04.2008
utensils.
posted by liz on Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hi Liz,
I used to work with Chris at Neiman Group and quietly follow Ben via this blog. My son, Hudson, is a month younger than your little guy. Since we don't know anyone here in Harrisburg with little ones, it's nicefor me to watch another little guy growing up and going through the same things Hudson is (or soon will be) going through.
Anyhow, I "delurked" to let you know that we had a similar bath experience the other night with Hudson. My husband was giving him a bath and turned to get a tissue. Next he know, Hudson was throwing poop out of the tub onto the bath mat. So, we had a baby, tub and bathroom floor to quickly clean and disinfect. He has never moved so quickly.
Cheers,
Lisa Sutton
Lisa!
I remember hearing all about Hudson, and seeing his pictures on your blog a few times before you made it private. He's such a cutie!
Thanks for the reassurance that pooping in the tub happens to other people. Not that it makes me feel 'better' but you understand...
I thought you moved from hbg? Or did you just move from Neiman Group?
I hope you read this! And I hope you are all doing well!
Liz
Our families were freaked out about our blog being public, so to appease them, we made it private.
No, I moved on from Neiman Group but stayed in Harrisburg. We're actually leaving Harrisburg soon -- we sold our house and are moving back west (Portland or Bay Area is yet to be determined).
Chris is one of the nicest guys I've every worked with - you've got a great husband and an adorable son!
Post a Comment