5.27.2008

recap

I feel like it's been forever since I last posted. We had a really nice past few days and enjoyed hanging out together this weekend.

Saturday we had the May Fair in Collingswood. We all had a good time walking around and I think we spent the perfect amount of time there before the kids got fussy. It was so nice seeing the Botbyls.


Ben ignored Cambelle like he usually does... I really am sad for whoever's interested in him romantically once he gets to be a teenager. I wonder if he's going to be one of those unapproachable, silent types.

After the fair we got to see Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop and Aunty Irv in Haddon Heights. They were out back getting the yard ready for summer.


Ben got to sit in a big-boy chair, and then he tried out Pop-Pop's motorcycle (not really, but he sat on it with Pop-Pop's help, and investigated all the buttons).

We also got to see Uncle Mike and Casey, and Uncle Steve and Aunt Val. Val is pregnant with twins and due any day now! We also got news this weekend that Uncle Jay and Aunt Tara had their baby - a girl named Mia Elizabeth. So pretty!


Sunday we went to Brielle. I think Sophie had more fun on that car ride than she's had in a long time.


I know in this picture my hair is distracting, but look at Soph in the back seat with her head out the window. If that's not dog heaven, I don't know what is. I love the look on her face.

I was excited to bring Ben to the beach for the first time since last year, when he was mostly interested in eating sand. He tried to eat it a couple times on Sunday, but I think the novelty wore off pretty quickly.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that Ben sat in one place for longer than I've ever seen... he loved playing with the sand. Putting it into a bucket. Running it through his fingers. Pouring it out of the bucket. Pretending to eat seashells so he could get a reaction from my mom and me. I truly did not know what to do with myself. Usually I'm running around after him and I was sitting still, in one place, for about an hour. I relished that so much that I forgot to put sunblock on my back, and I got burnt to a crisp.


Later in the afternoon we went to a playground nearby to try and further tire Ben out.

Yesterday we drove home and the car ride was nice and quiet.


We had a great dinner last night. Uncle Dan grilled some super bacon cheeseburgers for us and we had a nice macaroni salad. Uncle Todd came over, and Aunt Marcia & Uncle Nik. Marcia brought her famous black eyed pea salad... I had three servings and the leftovers. SO good. Marcia is pregnant and I think I spent 20 minutes with my hands on her belly, feeling the baby do tumbles and kicks. So fun.

I'm all messed up with my days... I thought today was Monday of course and I have a bunch to get done this week before we head out to Minnesota for Stacy and John's wedding. Time for laundry.

No comments: