6.22.2008

sunday.


We had a great dinner last night at Tinto, a tapas place. Lots of food and great people-watching. Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop had Ben at their house and had put him to bed, so we headed there to go to sleep.

Ben woke up at 3:15. We have no idea why, but he just kept crying and wouldn't go back to sleep. I think all total, Chris and I probably got 3 or 4 hours of sleep. It was like old times.

Ben woke up for the day at 5:45, but I'm really not sure he got any sleep in the two hours prior. Chris and Ben and Mom-Mom went to get coffee and breakfast sandwiches at Wawa while I slept for another hour.


Today was Poppy's 60th birthday, and my mom was throwing him a party, so we knew we had to get going. We brought Ben home and put him down for a nap, and woke him at 12:45ish to head to Brielle. We were reminded again of the fact that you're not supposed to wake a sleeping baby. That rule counts for 22 month-olds, too.

It was great to see family in Brielle - my brothers Tim and Ian, and Ian's wife Michelle were there too. I tried to get some pictures but not too many came out.


We headed home at around 5ish, and we hoped Ben would sleep in the car, but no such luck. He kept asking us to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider. By 'asking' I mean whining and touching his thumbs and forefingers together and saying, 'ah nah?' I think that might mean 'again?' I think we sang the song at least 20 times.


We got home and had a bath and then it was bedtime. A long day. I shouldn't even be up right now, so I'm heading up to bed.

No comments: