I kid. Kinda. Ever since Ben was a little baby, Chris and I have been singing the numbers 1-10 to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat:One, two, three four five
Six seven eight nine tennnnn
Eleven, twelve, thirteen fourteen
Diaper time for Bennn
We still do it sometimes to distract him while he's getting a diaper change or something...
But now that he's been watching Count Von Count so much, I think it's really sinking in. Chris and I don't drill Ben on his numbers - in fact tonight is the first night Chris ever pointed to the numbers on the calendar to see if Ben knew them. Just three days ago he'd say, 'one, two, ONE!!!' and then we taught him three, and yesterday he said four... But tonight the kid made me cry. He'd done this once already and I made Chris go get the camera.
edited to add: I'm doing something wrong with our video editing software. Chris only said, 'okay, seven...' once at the end of the clip, but for some reason we're hearing it twice. He's excited, but not excited enough to repeat himself like a dork.
9.30.2008
I guess watching sesame street on repeat does reap benefits.
posted by liz on Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
YAY Ben!! Way to go! A future Yale student??
Love it. Fiiiivvvvveeeeee is the best...
Very impressive; such modulation. He will be a singer:) Pavarotti should be retiring just about the time the world is ready for Ben! Aunt Margie
Post a Comment