This past weekend I had a nice girls' weekend away in Avalon. I spent time with my friends from Bucknell. We were all on the same hall freshman year - 4th Larrison. It's so weird to think about how long ago that was. I'm so glad we're all still so close.
Before we left Friday, I was packing up the car. I had this dress on in black with my flip flops on. I certainly didn't look as sassy or classy as the woman in the picture, but you get the point. It's a super comfy dress and I love it. I had Ben in my arms as I was about to put him in his carseat so we could go get Chris from work.
I saw my neighbor, Mrs. Cho, Logan's grandmother. She had Logan in her arms and he waved and did his little chicken dance when he saw us - he loves Ben. So I'm saying hi to Logan and she says to me (really loudly I might add),
"You have BABY?!?!?!?!" (no 'a'; English is her second language...)
And she's pointing to my belly. And I realize what she's asking, and I look down at my belly and look up at her again and say,
"no, I'm just big."
It was an uncomfortable moment for a second - she even turned red - but I laughed it off and said bye to Logan and we were on our way. Nothing like a super confidence booster to start the weekend. I told my friends about it and at random times throughout the weekend I'd say You have BABY?!?!?!?! and everyone would laugh. Good times.
Here are some pictures of Ben from the park yesterday. He was a little cranky because he refused to nap at home.
9.09.2008
you have BABY?!?!?!
posted by liz on Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Not that you will feel any better, but:
1. You don't look prego
2: THREE people asked me if I was pregnant last week when we went back to school. Even after I had just lost five pounds.
3.You are beautiful.
thanks, court. you're kind. btw next time i see you, make sure i do my impression of mrs. cho asking the question. it's much better in person.
hope your school year is great!
Post a Comment