10.24.2008

loved.

I have been emailing back and forth with my mom since we arrived here in the Catskills, and she's been kind enough to send me updates on what Ben's doing. I guess it's a good thing, because whenever Ben is with a sitter or a grandparent - or even with Chris if I'm out for awhile - I'm calling every couple hours to get updates. Something tells me my mom doesn't mind the fact that I have no access to a phone...

I hope she'll forgive me for posting this, but I didn't want this account to get lost in my email inbox forever. I write this blog so that Ben will know how much he's loved. I know how much I love him - I'm his mom. But I also feel like he's such a fun kid - and I love that my dad and stepmom, and Chris' parents, and my mom and stepdad, have such a fun little guy for a grandson. I know I'm not the first parent ever, and I know that Ben isn't the first grandkid ever, but I like that he brings joy to people.

My mom said:

If it's possible, I love him even more after spending the day with him. Does it count that he calls me Mommy all the time and genuinely seems to like my company? Anyway, this afternoon's update:

We got home from Wendy's around 12:30 and he was in bed for his nap close to 12:45. He slept for 2 1/2 hours. The monitor was great to hear his snoring I might add. After his nap we headed for the pumpkin farm for an outing. He saw goats, cow, horses, sheep, a huge pig and lots of pumpkins. He did the run away from Grandmommy thing but since his jacket had a hood I was able to capture him without much trouble. We found a great little pumpkin in the patch by the way. When we went in to pay for the pumpkin he selected a nice apple and just started eating it. He loves his apples.

After the visit to the farm we were off to grocery shop. We made it through the experience by opening cookies, cheerios and drinkable yogurt along the way. We also got an Elmo balloon which was a hit. We got home around 6 and then had dinner and watched more sesamestreet.org videos. So your son ate another 5 chicken nuggets, some green beans, carrots and for desert - applesauce with rice cereal to cut the apple influence. (still has diarrhea). He went to bed at 9 after having a glorious bath..."I'm swimming!"

What an absolute joy he is. This is truly the best time we've ever had with him. An additional observation...perhaps I'm his grandmother and biased but his aptitude for letters and numbers it really amazing for 26 months. Guess he takes after Daddy.

In case you haven't noticed...I love my grandbaby so much. Have fun you two...he's in very loving hands.

We are, and Ben is, so fortunate, to have people who love him so much.