I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I'm still there actually but I've already been reminded by my loving parrot of a son that I need to watch my tone and what I say around him.
We had to get up early to get Chris to a 7:25 train at 30th Street. We were rushing around and Ben was pretty uncooperative in general this morning. Not to mention that he woke up at 3am and we brought him into our bed to go back to sleep. I can assure you that it's not because I enjoy sleeping in the same bed as Ben - it's merely a quick-fix so that his dad and I can get a few more minutes (or hours?) of sleep.
So lately Ben's been hogging the bed and flailing around. I wake up in the morning not to crying in the monitor, but punches in the face and pinching on my arms, and the Chin of Death. I don't know how to explain it, but Ben gets super close and jams his face into my face or my neck, and pushes his chin down hard. I hate waking up - I love sleeping - and this starts my day in the most unpleasant way. I'm choosing my words very carefully in order to keep the post g-rated. But in reality it makes me want to curse like a trucker.
So we dropped Chris off at the train and then ran to Wawa so I could get some coffee. I've weaned myself off of caffeinated coffee, but it's still the idea of coffee that I need and want.
(I'd like to interrupt the regularly scheduled blog post and let everyone know that since I started writing, Ben has dumped his cup of (milkless) Cheerios at least 7 times. And then he gets mad when Sophie eats them off the floor.)
After I got coffee we headed home and I would also just like to add that we have been listening to Bob and Larry's Sunday Morning Songs on repeat in the car for, oh, a MONTH. And I really do like the songs, but when you have a little dictator in the backseat telling you when to turn the music up, and when you can dance and not dance, and countless other directives, it gets tiring.
Add all of those things together, and you have a frustrated me. So I had Ben in my arms and was taking him from the car to the house when I said out loud, 'please Lord, give me patience today. I really need it.'
And I unlocked the house and put Ben into the vestibule I heard him muttering, almost copying the inflection of my voice. And I heard him repeating what sounded like 'passions'.
And I realized he was seconding my prayer. Also asking for the man upstairs to give his mom some patience. Does he know something I don't know? Am I in for a rough one?
10.06.2008
mother of the year.
posted by liz on Monday, October 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment