10.02.2008

sewing.


I'm taking a sewing class! I am so geeked out about it. It's only two Wednesday nights and it's a Learning to Sew class. I'm not exaggerating when I say that before last night I'd never touched a sewing machine. Above, the workspace where the class was held. There were 6 of us.

It's at Spool, which I found from a couple blogs I follow, and I was so happy to see that it's in Philly. We're making a reversible grocery tote this time around, and I'm loving it. The machine with the rainbow cozy is mine:


And I know I'm a total dork for taking pictures.

It's so HARD though. Talk about something with which I'm completely unfamiliar... I told the teacher that I'd need in-class support (a term you teachers will recognize). She'd explain how to thread the bobbin and then talk about throatplates and foots and other things and she'd point to them on the machine, and I'd just stare at her, waiting for the info to process in my head. It's like Greek to me. No offense, Aunt Marsh & Uncle Nik.

Last night we cut our fabric and started sewing. Next week we'll attach the shoulder straps and finish the tote. YAY. Below, my fabrics.

No comments: