Ben woke up at 6:30 this morning, which is actually commendable considering that yesterday, 6:30 was 7:30. Try explaining to your toddler when it's getting brighter outside that he's actually supposed to sleep for another hour. Not happening.
We got up early(er than we wanted to) and made a trek to the Penrose Diner for breakfast. We drove through FDR Park in deep South Philly (so nice - a golf course even - but no playgrounds to be found), and then headed up to Chinatown to Franklin Square. Ben had lots of fun.
You can see his face looks a little banged up. He took a big spill and Grandmommy and Granddaddy Byron's house the other day, and I swear every morning he wakes up, the face looks rougher. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm looking forward to explaining that one.
On the seesaw with Daddy.
Giving Mommy a kiss.
On the monkey bars. My dad would be proud to know that I actually had to airbrush out my Byron Nose. It kept trying to sneak into the picture and was a little distracting.
He pointed to this girl on the slide and said, 'friend.' I love that.
We're going to try the evening service tonight at church, so we can keep Ben up a little later than normal and try and get his sleep schedule on track with the time change. We'll see. Right now he's in his crib for 'quiet time' and is shouting the alphabet. He sounds like a drill sergeant.
Side note: election volunteers just rang our doorbell and Chris refused to answer the door. We don't answer the door for trick-or-treaters either. UnAmerican, I tell you. (Yes, we're voting on Tuesday.)
11.02.2008
Fall back??? Tell that to my son.
posted by liz on Sunday, November 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment