1.19.2009

Wednesday.


This weekend Chris was nice enough to hang out with Ben while I went to hang with the girls (Michelle, Mariela and Kim) at Michelle's place in Jersey City. I took the train from Trenton Saturday afternoon and got back Sunday before the game. It was fun.

While I was gone, Ben climbed out of his crib - safely. I say safely because Chris was downstairs in the basement doing some work and he heard the pitter patter of little feet. When Ben got down to the basement, Chris asked him what happened. Ben said with a smile, "get out!"

He's behaved himself since then, other than having to be convinced to nap. He'd rather conduct a concert from his crib (singing his numbers to the tune of 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame', or shouting his ABCs) than sleep most days, so I have to go in there and re-tuck him in a bunch. I'm holding on to this last nap for as long as I can. Clinging with white knuckles.

Today we played with a building set given to him by Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop. He had fun.


Sophie investigates.



Dooce has a good post about what it's like to be having a second child. How your mind feels a bit more relaxed, how you feel (perhaps foolishly) like you're more prepared - or at least hope you are. And then how your mind then panics at the thought that chances are, this child will be completely different than your first. I wish I could write the way she writes. FYI: there's an f-word in her first paragraph, so her words are not necessarily for the faint of heart.

2 comments:

Scooter Couple said...

Hudson started climbing out of his crib and his Pack 'n Play at Christmas. Because we were nervous about him hurting himself during one of these escapades, he is now sleeping on a toddler bed. He sometimes falls off during the night because it's a bit high (there are drawers underneath) and there are no bed rails, so we've put the other crib mattress on the floor. When we check on him, we'll often find him sound asleep on the floor mattress with the upper half of his body on the floor.

The downside to the toddler bed: putting him down at night is more difficult because he can pop out of bed and down the stairs as much as he wants AND he has taken to climbing into our bed when he wakes up during the night. Hope Ben takes to his big boy bed more easily!

ALISON BZ said...

I hear you about the napping. AJ is DONE with napping....so its been rather interesting as of late.