Chris and I had agreed before I went to my ultrasound on Thursday that we wouldn't be finding out what we're having. I have my 5 month anatomy scan in a few weeks and we agreed that if we saw anything then, we might ask the ultrasound tech and find out that way. But we'd tell him or her that we weren't finding out. That way, if we saw anything it would be a fun surprise.
I had been scheduled for a quick ultrasound at the Antenatal Testing Unit as part of the high-risk stuff, and figured I'd look really hard at the images on the screen and see if I could make anything out. The tech put the jelly on my belly, and then the wand thingy. The very first image that showed up looked like the baby was squatting on the ground, and we were looking up from the floor. That is, everything was there for me to see, in plain sight, without even trying to be sneaky about it. I like to think that we were supposed to find out.
The tech pulled away from my belly immediately and had an 'oops' look on her face. She said, 'Do you know what you're having?' I told her that now we did. I did clarify with her what the gender was just in case I was way off base. I couldn't leave there thinking one thing and then wondering if I'd been wrong.
Now, because Chris wasn't with me, I was really worried that he'd be upset that I found out. So I thought I'd have Ben break the news to him. Chris worked late Thursday night, so I thought it'd be fun if he could watch this video when he came home. Now you get to watch it.
it's a... from liz on Vimeo.
I can't believe how blessed we are. Things look great so far. In addition to the 3-week checkups at the ATU and my regular OB visits, they've suggested I start progesterone shots once a week, starting at 20 weeks. I ask that you continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers for the health of our new addition.
2.14.2009
news.
posted by liz on Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Congratulations! Chloe needs a boyfriend so this is perfect! I have done many progesterone shots throughout the past few years so if you need any help or just have questions, feel free to write a note or give me a ring. One pointer is to ice the area where you're going to put the shot and then after the shot use a heating pad to disperse the prog.
Congrats, Liz! The brothers Reif -- exciting news indeed. I will keep you & the little 'un in my thoughts...
Such fun news!! I like the way you let Chris know. I had no idea, and I'm like "Is that what I think Ben said??" Now starts the name search. Thanks for sharing.
Love you all (3+1=4),
Aunt Margie
Post a Comment