- Says, 'hey you!' (learned this from his dad). It makes him sound like the rudest kid on the playground.
- When he gets something on his hands, or his shirt, he looks at it and says, 'oh Honey, you mess.' He gets this one from me... He even has the inflection down that I get in my voice when I look at him and he's covered in dirt, or peanut butter, or something.
- Quizzes us. He'll look at a police car and say, 'what's that?' and I'll say, 'you know what that is...' and he'll say, 'Oh YES! That's a police car!'
- he talks like his computer. His School Time Leaptop, to be precise. It asks him to find a letter and when he pushes on it, it says, 'OH YES! You found the letter ___!' So that's how he phrases his sentences.
- We always have him give us a high-five when he does something good. Yesterday at the park, he told me (every single time) when a bus would drive by. We live in a city and there are lots of buses. But each time I'd tell him he was right, and that was a bus, he'd say, 'High five!'
At my last ultrasound he weighed 2 pounds - right on track for me being 27 weeks. He was breech for awhile, but he's now in a head-down position and I can feel him kicking my ribs and sides, rather than stepping on my bladder. Sometimes he'll give me a punch in the bladder, but for the most part it's under my ribs. The only thing that really hurts is my back and the stretching of my belly. My skin hurts and sometimes I feel relief if I hold my belly from the bottom, to take some of the weight off.
I sure am looking forward to meeting this new addition. Full-term seems so far away from now. At this point I'd be thrilled to go to 36 weeks. The doctors told me that Ben would have been in the upper 8 or low 9 pound range had he been full term (eek), so we'll see.





No comments:
Post a Comment