I took Ben to the pediatrician today for a follow-up appointment. We never got a chance to see them last week and Dr. Tapper wanted to see Ben's hands.
The good news is that the one hand doesn't need to be wrapped with the Silvadine/Silvadene anymore - we can just use a big bandaid and some Neosporin to cover his already-popped blister on that wrist.
The other hand needs to still be wrapped and have the dressings changed twice a day for at least a week, and Dr. Tapper wants to see Ben next Wednesday. It's the hand that was under the faucet for a little bit longer, and the damage is a little more extensive and spread out from his wrist to his fingers. I was so proud of Ben, though. He is usually really afraid of Dr. Tapper but he let him put more medicine on him and then wrap his one hand up again. It probably had something to do with the fact that I brought his blanket and raisins for him to snack on. But I swear Ben is getting to be such a big boy.
In 'tooth' news, Ben's appointment to have his teeth pulled is Monday morning, the 29th, at 8:30 AM. We're accepting (and begging for) prayers that things go as well as they can. This poor kid has been through a lot lately.
...
Lately he's been saying some pretty fun things:
- "I love popsicles!"
- "That bus is sleeping!"
- "I want to go home and sit on the couch and watch Blue's Clues!"
- "I want food."
- "This is heavy."
- "That's funny!"
...
Chris' version of 'nesting' has been saving all of our old photos onto an external hard drive. We have pictures taken of me the day I found out I was pregnant with Ben. Let's just say it doesn't do wonders for the self-esteem: I was literally 50 pounds lighter then.
But he's also been saving old movies. We found this one of Ben from December - I don't know why I didn't share this then. This is him 'dancing' to the lullaby cd he falls asleep to every night. Grandmommy and Granddaddy Byron gave it to him and we have made a million copies of it so that if he takes the cd out of the player and scratches it, we'll be able to replace it quickly.
I love this kid.
dancing in december from elizabeth reif on Vimeo.





No comments:
Post a Comment