7.20.2009

time

So I officially have no idea how my sister in-law does it with three children. I haven't had time to do much other than sleep, eat, and feed Ryan, much less think about the blog. I've even had a bunch of help recently - my stepmom was up for a week helping me out. She cleaned, did laundry, played with Ben, cooked for us... it was absolutely wonderful. So you would think I'd be more with-it by now. I think it's going to take some time.

Things I've learned:

  1. When given the choice between a nap and a shower, a nap always wins.
  2. I'm more able to let a baby cry if it's the second-born.
  3. I'm more able to relax in general with a second-born.
  4. I am continually amazed at how we parents are able to function (albeit poorly) on so little sleep.
  5. I think Chris and I are a pretty great team. He's been awesome with Ben the past three weeks - so much so that Ben asks for him all the time now that he's back at work. Ben misses his Daddy.
  6. Sometimes it takes a first-born three (3) weeks to want to even touch his baby brother (whom he still refers to as 'baby brother'), but when he does, and he gives him a kiss, there's nothing cooler.

My beautiful sister was able to drive up for a day to meet Ryan and to hang out for the day. It was so nice to see her, and pretty cool to watch her hold her new nephew.

2 comments:

ALISON BZ said...

it gets alittle easier. I too am guilty of the letting the 2nd one cry more, but once the 2nd is more alert and you can put him in the swing for hours at a time, then it gets easier. I always make AJ a helper too. He likes that. :) Hang in there. I am right there with you. I don't know how people with 3 or more kids do it either.

kellyann said...

don't compare!! i have had plenty of days...you know that, too. you are doing so great!! you are getting out and so much more relaxed. i promise it gets better!