This is what my living room looked like yesterday afternoon. Ben had gotten up from his nap (a little early for my taste) and was demanding Elmo (do you see the look he's giving me?). I had been sleeping with Ryan and Sophie on the couch. Yes, that's a diaper on the top of the couch (don't judge, the couch looks spotless compared to the rest of the house). Ryan had started to cry because he can SENSE when I am not next to him for 15 seconds. Also, that pillow wasn't always right by Ryan's face, I can assure you... It was moved by Ben when he came down and sat on the couch. Coincidence?
Today I am sick. I guess I have the flu. This morning I had nausea and the chills and a 100 temp. Then my fever broke, but now it's back because I am freezing again. Again a 100 temp. Chris was kind enough to stay home and help with the brood... Ben had school today but earlier this morning while I was trying to sleep my pain away he was on a conference call. Ben was crying because he wanted Mommy (and is a cantankerous little dude lately anyway). Ryan was crying because he was getting his diaper changed. The UPS guy showed up at the door and Sophie started barking.
Selfishly I'm having a pity party - everyone's invited. And then I feel terrible that Chris had to work from home, and that Ben felt like I was ignoring him this morning. Oh, and some more guilt thrown in there is that Ryan isn't the best eater and I'm worried about my milk supply. Treat!
7.29.2009
the whole fam damily, minus dad.
posted by liz on Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Oh dear!! I remember being sick while trying to care for little ones. It is the worst thing ever. It brings back very bad memories to read your blog today. I am joining your pity party. But I surely hope you have speedy recovery. And thank you Chris for being there!!! Daddy of the Day award! It has to get better soon....Love to all, Aunt Margie
Post a Comment