10.25.2009

one of those days.

Ben's got a temper. When he's angry or doesn't want to do something, he gets violent. He kicks, punches, scratches. There are times when Chris and I get so angry about it that we can't even speak. It is so frustrating (alright, it enrages us) because he knows it's wrong and still does it.

I just noticed the irony in that sentence. Why do any of us do what we know is wrong? Much less a 3 year-old.

Anyway, here's a snippet of our conversation today, right after he fought Chris while Chris was trying to strap him into the carseat. He had scratched Chris enough to make marks on his face.

Benjamin, I'm very upset with you.
Okay.
Do you know why I'm upset with you?
Um, yeah.
Why am I upset with you?
Because, um, I hit Daddy and that not nice.
That's right, you hit Daddy -
and I scratch Daddy, and that not nice.
Why did you hit Daddy?
Because, um, I scratch Daddy.
That's right, you scratched him too. Why did you scratch him?
Ummmm, because I hit him.
You hurt Daddy, Benjamin. You made a mark on his face.
That not very nice.
That's right, Ben It isn't nice. What should you say to Daddy when you see him?
Ummmm, I sorry.

(silence for about 10 seconds)

Hey Mommy?
Yes, Ben?
Wanna watch Super Why?

No comments: