Recent Benisms:
"Mommy, I hang out with you!"
"I give Teesa (Teresa, one of his teachers) a hug!"
"Daddy, did you hurt your head? Do you need to rub it?"
He also insists lately on talking just like Fire Marshall Bill. It makes for difficult conversations and comprehension of what he's trying to say. It's funny, though.
Yesterday I picked Ben up from school and I didn't have his blanket with me. When he's tired (he doesn't nap at school anymore), he gets into a zone with the blanket, rubbing the tag on his mouth or face. It's his lovey and it's what he does for comfort. It's so ingrained in him that he does it without even being conscious of it.
I'd walked to Ben's school with Ryan, but Ben's blanket was in the car, so when he asked for it I panicked. Luckily I remembered that we'd put one in his cubby at school, so I went to get it. I was feeling pretty proud of myself; we'd bought about 5 of the same blanket when we realized that it was his comfort thing. What I didn't bank on was the fact that this blanket at school wasn't worn enough for his liking. I helped him find the tag, and he looked up at me and said, "I want my other blanklet." He cracks me up.
***
The other day Ben and Chris both wore their Phillies shirts. Ben already had his on, and when Chris came downstairs ready for work, Ben said, "Daddy! I have Phillies shirt, and YOU have Phillies shirt!"
***
Uncle Josh came to visit last night and hung around a bit. Throughout Ben's short life, we've had fun visits with Josh. Here in November 2006, and here in September of 2008. This time, Ben really took to Josh and talked to him a bunch.
Josh brought his squash racquet (why can't I spell that word?) with him, and a spare for Chris in case they had time to play. There wasn't time this morning, but Ben had a lot of fun playing with them and hanging with Uncle Josh.
10.10.2009
growing up so fast.
posted by liz on Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment