Today is picture day at Ben's school. We weren't allowed to dress him in anything green, because he'll be in front of a green screen, and later they will add a background from pictures they take around the school. He's wearing a brown striped sweater and he looks very handsome.
I had a moment this morning where I had a good laugh at myself. We love Ben's hair - it's so soft, and a great color, and the curls are just precious. But this morning he had a permanent case of bedhead, no matter how much product I put in it. There was a section that wasn't behaving the way I wanted it to. I had to take a step back and laugh at the situation. I had become That Mom for a minute, fretting over my son's hair for picture day. It was cool. The hair never was righted, but that's alright. It'll make for a cute story when we look back years from now.
I'm realizing more and more how much I love being a mother. I wasn't sure I would love it, and for awhile with Ben it was tough - and of course the sleepless nights cloud my attitude a bit these days, but there's nothing else I'd rather be doing.
10.19.2009
That Mom
posted by liz on Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment