11.13.2009

sickies.

I don't even know how much we've paid in co-pays in the past month.

I took Ryan to the doctor this morning because I thought he was wheezing. It turned out that he wasn't wheezing exactly, but he was breathing really loudly and too rapidly for the doctor's taste. He's now on Prednisolone and the pharmacist told me to 'make sure you keep people away from him' because this medicine will weaken his immune system even further. He was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis.

This is all apparently due to family history (that's me!) of allergies and eczema. I didn't have asthma as a child (and don't have it now), but the doctors have all led me to believe that the boys could suffer from it at some point.

She did call him a 'happy wheezer', so there's that. I'm keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse, because even though Ryan is much healthier than Ben ever was at 4.5 months, he is still susceptible to RSV.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of the continued problems the little guy is having. The new medication should go a long way in easing the breathing. You two must be exhausted emotionally and physically watching over two little ones with all these health issues. How about if I drop off a Roselli's Chicken Parm at 15 9th ave tomorrow. It can handed off at some point. You are all in our thoughts and prayers, Love to all,Aunt Margie and Uncle Ron