1.04.2011

winter waiting.

Ry and Sophie, Ben & Sophie, Ben & Sophie. Friends.


We haven't heard back from Ben's neurologist yet, but theMRI at CHoP went as smoothly as it could have. Ben took the giggle juice just fine, I cried the ugly cry for a few minutes after they rolled him away, but everything went as planned. He woke up groggy but okay. The place is as wonderful as it can be, and everyone on staff seems to be wonderful with children... but I don't really like spending too much time there.

Otherwise, life is normal and, now that Chris is back to work after the holidays, back to routine. The boys had a lovely Christmas, as did we. I didn't take any pictures and I'm not really sure why. Distracted and in the moment, I guess.

Lately I've been relishing all that is being a mom of two boys. Giggles, bumps and bruises, turf wars. Once in awhile I'm able to remind myself that they are growing so fast and even though there are difficult moments throughout the day, this won't last. Just now, from the other room, Ben called to me, "Mom!! I can hop!!"

Ben's new favorite movie: Cars. He'd watch all day if we let him:


Ryan's favorite thing to do: sneak away and climb up into Ben's loft bed. This is what I find at least twice a day when I go looking for him:



No comments: