I know it’s no surprise to you parents out there that I didn’t have a chance to update yesterday.
We left the hospital at around 1 pm and things have been a bit of a blur since then.
Ben did great on the car ride home. He slept most of the time except for when the road got bumpy.
You can’t see it on my lap in the first picture, but here’s his monitor. He’s got little sticky electrodes on his chest, and the monitor follows him everywhere. So far the only alarms we’ve heard is for a low heart rate - but the alarm sounds at times when he’s being moved or being changed. We think that they’re mostly false alarms because he’s doing okay otherwise when the alarm goes off. The guy who gave us the tutorial told us that there will inevitably be some false alarms. We hate when it goes off, though; it is so loud, like a smoke alarm you’d have in your house. It certainly gets our attention.
Mom-Mom Reif and Aunt Kelly decorated our house for Ben’s homecoming. It was so nice to turn the corner onto our street and see the balloon and sign in the window. I love it. I cried of course. Inside the house, there are ‘It’s a Boy!’ banners and signs everywhere, and confetti that says the same. Sophie’s had a great time trying to eat the confetti.
Speaking of Sophie:She’s been very curious about Ben. It’s an innocent curiosity - sometimes she couldn’t care less, other times (like when he cries), she’s very concerned. She’s definitely feeling a little left out of things sometimes, and wants to know why Mom and Dad are paying so much attention to this other little thing that grunts and snorts and cries. But we think things will be just fine.
Ben slept well last night, and has been eating well. He took his vitamins and caffeine without incident, which I’m relieved about, because that’s an added responsibility on our parts. And he’s a pooping and burping machine.
I know things will get easier and I’ll be less nervous about every little thing - but that’ll take time. In the meantime it’s a bit hard for me to nap when he naps, because I feel like there’s a lot I should be doing.
It’s just about feeding time for Ben, so I’ll sign off. Hope you enjoy the pictures!
9.13.2006
home.
posted by liz on Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment