10.19.2006

9 weeks

Yesterday he was 9 weeks old, actually, but I didn’t get a chance to post. Ben continues to eat a lot and fuss a lot and sleep a lot and poop a lot. Not much new on that front. I think he might be going through another growth spurt lately because he’s super cranky and seems to have a bigger appetite than normal.

Last night Dan, Marcia, and Nik came over for dinner. We ordered in, of course, because I can’t remember the last time I cooked a meal. Ben ate before we did, and I worried that he’d be fussy. He doesn’t like his swing lately, and if I put him in his papasan chair before he’s zonked out, he cries. So I sat at dinner with Ben in my gray baby wrap (thanks, Kathy!). I rocked him while I ate and it was a downright pleasant experience. I did get some salad dressing on the wrap (eating with one hand while rocking with the other takes c
oordination), but it was worth it because the meal was soo good. Sophie enjoyed having visitors and sat next to Marcia on the couch. She thinks she’s a human. And a princess.


Today, my mom visited. She fed Ben a bottle for me while I cleaned the kitchen. Then, we gave him a bath. He seems to enjoy the warm water - it’s when we take him out that he gets upset. I decided to torture him for just a bit and put him in his cute ducky hooded bathrobe. He tolerated it for a few minutes: ... until he got annoyed at his mom for subjecting him to a photo shoot. My mom got me out of the house for a while, too. We took a walk down to Passyunk Avenue and she treated me to lunch at a restaurant. We sat outside with Ben - he’d fallen asleep in his stroller - and it was so nice.

Tonight when Chris came home, Ben was sleepy. Chris sat with him for a bit.

Then, before Ben ate at 7pm, we had some tummy time.


He can lift his head up, but I wasn’t able to get any good, non-blurry shots of it. ... and then Ben told his dad all of his troubles - how mean mom is to him, how Sophie snorts at him.


Dad listened. We’re watching Grey’s Anatomy now, and Ben’s about to eat one last time before we put him in his crib. Thank goodness tomorrow’s Friday! We are going to see Jeff and Danielle Friday night, and then my friends Michelle and her husband Michael, Kim and her husband Mark, and Mariela, are all making the trip down from NYC to see us. I’m excited.

No comments: