It’s Friday night at 9:45pm. Ben is sleeping in his crib upstairs, Sufjan Stevens’ Hark! Songs for Christmas is playing and candles are burning. Sophie is sleeping on the couch next to me, snoring. It’s peaceful here. Chris and I have been putting up our Christmas decorations. Our stockings are up on the mantle, the nativity set is on display... we even have the garland and lights hanging up in our front window. It’s something of a South Philly tradition, to decorate your big front window, the one that faces the street. Vickie across the street has decorations for every holiday and beats everyone to the punch.
Thanksgiving was nice at Mom-Mom Irvin’s. We all slept over at the Reifs’ last night so that I could go shopping with the girls this morning. Chris was kind enough to take all of Ben’s feedings overnight so I could get some rest. I’ve been a bit of a zombie lately and it was nice to feel like a real person. Of course, Sophie, our other baby, kept waking me up - every three hours, to be exact - so I didn’t get completely uninterrupted sleep, lest you think I’ve gone and gotten refreshed.
I wanted to post some of the pictures I’ve taken with the camera built in on the computer. Sometimes we’ll take pictures to send to Chris while he’s at work. Sometimes, to give him an idea of the ambiance here on Tasker Street, I’ll try and capture the moment:
I was propping Ben’s head up, and my thumb was behind his ear, so it’s sticking out a bit.
Happy Thanksgiving!
11.24.2006
Thanksgiving.
posted by liz on Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment