Today is my mom’s birthday. Ben and I were going to go visit her tonight, but she’s sick. She called last night and suggested we not come, so Ben won’t catch what she has.
Then she called today and said that her cold had gone into her lungs. She feels fine but has a bad cough. Her dad’s a doctor and he suggested that we postpone our Thanksgiving celebration on Friday. She’s really sad, as am I, and Chris, and Ben.
Here, Ben reacts to the news:
We appreciate her thinking of Ben, though, so much. We can’t afford to get him sick.
Ben and I have spent a good portion of today trying to get him to fall asleep. Not so easy. Here he is, though, smiling at Mr. Star on his activity mat:
Mr. Star plays music and lights up, although the batteries are dead. I told Ben that Mr. Star is tired and doesn’t want to play music when he’s tired. Note to self: must get batteries.
11.21.2006
happy birthday, grandmommy!
posted by liz on Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment