And he’s already got an attitude. He was grunting or snorting at me in the picture above. I liked his outfit - a plain blue shirt and jeans - and wanted to get a picture of it. He kept on complaining about how he couldn’t be expected to work in such conditions.
On the 23rd, Ben will be three months old. I can’t believe it. On the day he was two months old, I sat down (at the computer) and wrote him a letter. I’m looking forward to doing that on the 23rd. I’ll have lots to be thankful for.
This past week has been an exhausting whirlwind. We had lots of visitors. My dad and stepmom Suzanne came to visit, Auntie Kathleen and Uncle Mark came to visit, and Michelle and Michael also came to visit. Combine that with the fact that I worry all the time about whether guests are okay, or bored, or that Ben’s crying will be frustrating to people who aren’t used to babies... and that makes for an exhausted me.
I’ve been reading books on napping techniques for little ones. The gist of most of them is that a well-rested baby is a happy baby, and that a well-rested baby is a well-rested family. To some of you it might sound strange that I’m reading a book about when to put Ben down for a nap, or how to do certain things like establishing a nighttime routine. I follow directions well and so I am looking to a couple of different books to help me figure out how to help Ben be happy. Being a mom is far harder than I thought it would be, and I want to be the best I can for Ben.
Speaking of naps:I’m looking forward to this week. Chris has Friday off, and so we’ll have a nice 4-day weekend to spend some time together as a family.
Below, Ben in our bedroom. I’m resisting the temptation to make a lame joke about how Ben can’t get that monkey off his back.
Ben doesn’t really look at people yet. Almost. he’s almost there. He glances your way but looks two inches above your forehead, or right past your ear. But it’s progress. Here, he and Sophie have a sort-of staredown.
Actually, he was watching TV and not even paying attention to her.
Aunt Christy and Uncle Pete gave Ben the green tummy time pillow. He likes it. He’s almost able to hold his head up without wobbling. He’s so close.
He’s a really strong baby. We’ve taken to calling him The Hulk, because he can get out of any swaddling blanket we put him in. And if you’re holding him but don’t have a good grip, watch out. He’ll catapult himself out of your arms, or at least give you a real strong headbutt.
Here, Dad has his hand out for Ben, just in case:
11.19.2006
almost three months.
posted by liz on Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment