I like the weekends. I like being able to spend time with Chris when he gets home, knowing that he doesn’t have to get up in the morning and go to work. It’s a mind over matter thing I guess, but it helps.
Yesterday we had a visit from Josh. Josh was the last of Chris’ college friends we were with before Ben was born. I heart Josh. We were able to meet his parents, and they’re the ones who gave Ben his cute Bucknell Baby blanket.
Chris was at work when Uncle Josh came to visit. Ben was waking up from a nap and entertained him with snorts and yawns and other loud bodily functions.
I think he looks like a natural.
I forgot to mention that the other day I took Ben to the pediatrician. His snuffiness had gotten worse and he’d started to spit up a lot after eating. I have to accept the fact that Ben’s just going to have colds - the pediatrician said it’s the most common reasons infants are brought in. She suggested that I give him a little bit of rice cereal with his milk to help settle his stomach and help with his reflux. Hopefully that’ll help with the spitting up.
Ben’s also had a bunch of apnea alarms go off in the middle of the night recently. Our initial reaction when the alarm sounds is to run into his room and stimulate him - move his legs or feet so he snaps himself out of an episode - to make the loud alarm turn off. But the other night he’d been getting alarm after alarm, and I stood in his room for a bit waiting to see if the alarm would sound. Sure enough it did, but he was breathing. It turns out that if Ben’s breaths aren’t deep enough to be read, the alarm reads that as Ben not breathing. So the pediatrician suggested a couple of things to us to monitor Ben’s apnea, and to see if he really needs to be on the monitor. We’re going to check back with her in about a week and let her know how things are on our end. It’s encouraging.
Also, he’s a bruiser. 11 lbs 10 oz as of Wednesday the 9th. The pediatrician is tracking his progress as if he were a full-term baby born 8/23, instead of one that was 7 weeks early. So at 11 weeks and almost 12 pounds, he’s in the 25th percentile.
Here he is with dad, relaxing and looking chubby:
11.11.2006
saturday.
posted by liz on Saturday, November 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment