So I took Ben to the pediatrician today, because his breathing's gotten more stuffy and his cough has gotten worse. The doctor said she could hear a little wheezing, so she had us use the nebulizer while we were there.
Ben's mask had little cartoon eyes on it, but he's too young to realize that the whole thing is supposed to be 'fun'. It was a long 5 minutes, or however long it lasted. By the end of it I was sweating from trying to hold Ben with one hand and trying to hold the mask over his nose and mouth with the other.
The good news is that his wheezing isn't bad enough to warrant anything more than a close watch. We have a prescription for a nebulizer and medication if he gets sicker, but in the meantime we're stuck with a cranky baby who's unwilling to nap. Mister Ben.
update: I was able to send myself the pic I took of Ben with my cameraphone in the doctor's office. I was singing to him at the time, trying to calm him down, which explains my funny face. I wanted to take a picture to show Chris what we were up to, but thought I'd post it here so you could see the eyes on the mask. Ben was interested in my phone at first, but then things went downhill.
He's been sleeping in his crib for about an hour now, which is good. He's pooped. Poor Ben.
3.13.2007
nebulizer.
posted by liz on Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hey Liz - I can totally relate to the whole nebulizer thing. I can't tell you how many doc and hospital apt. I had with Owen for the very same thing!!! I know what you are going through...its tough but hang in there...he'll never remember all this!! - Aimee
Post a Comment