7.13.2007

bruiser

No new pictures just yet, but Ben's all out of whack. He wakes up at 6am, ready to start the day, annoyed that we're not ready with him... He plays in his crib for a bit after I sing to him and put him back down. 15 minutes later he's wailing, 'where have you gone? i'm boooored! i want out!'

Ben has a scab on his lip, which is also a little swollen still, from his antics the other day on the hardwood floor. He also has a bruise on his cheek from headbutting his father. He has almost-bags under his eyes from resisting sleep. Like the Arcade Fire says, sleeping is giving in.

He's been napping for about 30 minutes already. I usually don't put him down for his morning nap until 10ish, but when you get up 2 hours early, you're ready for a nap earlier. Maybe he's making up for lost sleep.

***

Awhile back I posted a link to sweet|salty, and there's a link at right. She gave birth early, at 28 weeks, and writes so beautifully about her life, and the experiences she and her husband have had since. I encourage you to read her story from the beginning, but I was so excited to read that she and her husband were able to bring Ben home. I remember what it was like when we brought our Ben home. I was excited and terrified at the same time.

No comments: