We're still working on runny noses here, but nothing like the fright-fest that was the last entry. Ben's been pretty patient with us while we get some painting done around the house. Today after I fed Ben lunch, Chris had to turn the power off in the house so that he could replace some electrical outlets. Ben and I hung out outside.
This is the view over our back wall, facing our neighbor to the west. Every year they plant 'crops' - or as much as you can plant in a backyard. I always love watching the plants grow. Ben and I took a peek.
I'm not sure what they are so I took a closer picture in hopes that the green thumbs out there might be able to shed some light. Soybeans? The plants don't flower but can reach a pretty good height.
I'd like to be able to ask the neighbors, but English is their second language, and I can't even begin to speak Chinese. They are incredibly nice - the wife and I sometimes meet outside and try our best to chat with one another while we sweep or water plants. She is taking care of her grandson 5 days a week and seems to be loving it. They gave us an outfit for Ben when he was born, and the other day she came over with 4 apples and handed them to me. She explained that her husband had bought a lot, and these were extra.
There's a new lens on Chris' camera so I've been having a hard time getting good shots of Ben. User error. But here's one in which I think he's looking pretty optimistic. With yogurt on his face.
8.12.2007
weekend.
posted by liz on Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment