We've all been sick for awhile now here at the Reif household. Ben got the sniffles, I got a sore throat, Chris got a cough... And we'd all fade in and out of sickness, but nothing too bad.
This morning, though, I woke up with swollen glands and a sore throat. I was achy all over - I swear even my eyeballs hurt. So I found a doctor in South Philly who was willing to see me - I just had to wait for them to call back and let me know what time to come in.
While I was waiting for the callback from the doc I fed Ben his breakfast. I swear we've been keeping Puffs Plus in business lately because I feel like every two minutes I'm wiping Ben's nose. I had to clean his face here and there while he ate his breakfast, but nothing too extreme. When I had my back turned, however, he sneezed. When I turned around to see what the damage was, I almost cried/puked/died laughing all at the same time.
I mean, that's a lot of boogers. I called for Chris and made him come in and take a picture, and Ben (as usual) obliged. So cooperative, sometimes.
Perhaps you think I'm a cruel parent for capturing this on film. If so, forgive me. Once in awhile the Man Upstairs will throw me a bone - something to make me laugh so hard when I'm in the middle of taking myself too seriously. This was one of those times. I just had to document it. That, and to bring this picture out and embarrass Ben in front of his future girlfriends someday.
8.08.2007
warning: this is pretty gross.
posted by liz on Wednesday, August 08, 2007
tags:
favorite photos,
mealtime,
sick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
CLASSIC picture!! I would have totally done the same thing.
He is just so adorable even with lots of snot. Elizabeth is quite smitten with Ben. We had to watch the Ben and Sophie video 5 times:) She kept saying more Ben. Watch out Ben:)
Christy
Post a Comment