I'm in the process of importing my entries from when Ben was first born - the ones I posted at chrisandliz.org - over to Blogger. I found a service that allows you to print books of your blog entries, but it's not compatible with the application I used for those first few months.
It's been weird going back and rereading all of the entries. I can't believe how small Ben was - how weak and fragile he seemed (and was). I can't believe how much he's grown, and how much we've grown as parents. He's a trooper, this little boy of ours. A gift.
I have the first few listed in the archives section, so to see them you can scroll down - the links are on the right side of the page - 2006. It's taking longer than I thought it would but I'm glad to eventually be able to have everything over here on this site.
I was looking through old videos of Ben in the NICU. A couple for you are below.
This was on a day that I had a fever and wasn't allowed to visit him. I wanted to show how the NICU nurses are with babies. They always said that the babies aren't as delicate as everyone thinks - they're tough. I remember my heart skipping a beat when I saw this first video because I was sure that the nurse was going to drop him. But he was just fine. Notice all of the beeping and the lighting. I think the NICU is a tough place to start your life - all loud and bright. The screen you see was monitoring Ben's vitals.
In the second video, my mom had driven down after work and met Chris at the hospital. The nurses let her hold him and it was a great day for her, I think.
1.02.2008
Happy New Year!
posted by liz on Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I cannot get over how much of little man he has become from such a teeny weeny baby. Its amazing how much happens in a year!!
I like to compare these videos to the zoolander pose right below...hee-hee!!
Post a Comment