2.29.2008

the two P's.


Our house smells like puke and poop. Caution: poop play-by-play to follow.

We're mostly over the puking (keep your fingers crossed for Chris - he's escaped the flu thus far), but boy oh boy is there a lot of poop. Ben has gone through countless diapers and countless outfits today. He was really good for the first half of the day, but on the car ride home from running errands at 3:30 or so, he pooped through his pants. Like everywhere.

I gave him a bath after I cleaned him up, and put another diaper on him and got him dressed. About twenty minutes later he'd gone through that one and had leaked onto that pair of pants. His tush is so red from all the pooping that I decided I'd let him air out a bit. So I cleaned him up and let him run around the house naked except for a pair of socks. He was really cute and I think it made him more comfortable. Comfortable enough, in fact that he went and got his favorite book and came and sat on my lap so I could read it to him.

And then he pooped all over me. And it soaked through my pants and slid down the couch and onto the floor. And Sophie the pug, who is always classy, got poop dripped on her during the ordeal. Though I don't really think that bothered her, considering the fact that she likes to eat dirty diapers for a living.

The whole house is snoozing - Ben, and Sophie and Chris on the couch. I'm going to get some rest tonight and Lysol the heck out of this place tomorrow.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

ok there isn't much worse than puke and poop. I feel for you, we've been there! Its especially suckie to get pooped on. Here's to hoping that you are all feeling better soon!