5.11.2008

A Happy Mother's Day.

Chris and Sophie are asleep next to me on the couch, and Ben is upstairs in his crib, tossing things around and fighting off a much-needed nap.

It's been a great weekend. Yesterday Chris watched Ben so that I could go shopping with my mom and Aunt Buz at the outlets in Limerick. We had a great time and got some great deals on gifts - and I got a dress for a wedding we're going to in Minnesota during Memorial Day Weekend.
We spent the night at Aunt Buz & Uncle Jim's house in Devon and this morning Chris and Ben (and Sophie) drove up to meet us. Ben and Sophie both loved the grass. I don't think Ben has seen such a yard before. He was a bit cranky after he ran around the yard a bunch and we had to leave a little earlier than planned, but we took a nice drive home. I'm enjoying being able to relax a bunch right now.

For Mother's Day, Ben gave me this chair that I've been eyeing at Ikea. It's super comfortable, and a fun, bright orange that goes perfectly with the orange stripes in his rug that we got awhile back.
I love how colorful his room is. The especially fun part is that they have a child-size version of the chair, too. And the room looks so much less cramped now. And a little more grown up. He's getting to be a big boy now, you know.


Chris was nice enough to get me a giftcard for a nearby salon - the same one Auntie D goes to, so we can have a girls' day while Jeff and Chris hang with the little ones. YAY.

I'm so blessed.

No comments: