5.08.2008

a year.

Before I had Ben, I'd listen to people talk about their kids, and I'd appreciate everything they were telling me, but inevitably my eyes might glaze over a bit because I just didn't understand the love that a parent can have for a child. I didn't understand how you could fall in love with your child every single day. But I am so grateful that now I understand.

I love giving Ben baths and watching him try and grab the water as it comes out of the faucet. I love that every single time Ben sees a bus, he yells BEH!!! (we're working on the short u sound) like it's his long-lost friend who's finally returned from a trip around the world. I am in love with his love for bubbles.

Throughout the day I'll talk with Chris over IM. I'll send him a picture, or a short movie we made to say hi to Daddy, or I'll tell him something cute Ben did. He and I gush over him and say how cute he is and how much we love him. Before we had Ben I'd have guessed I'd never be this way - so goofy, so dorky, so mushy over my son. But I'm embracing it fully.

I can't believe the difference a year makes. Ben looks HUGE - so round - in May of 2007. I look at this picture and see how much he's grown and what a little man he looks like now. I'm really in awe of his growth. The science of it all, even. Can you tell my favorite tv show right now is The Baby Human on the Discovery Channel?


I also had fun going back through the archives this morning, and watching the clip in this post. Cute.


1 comment:

*shell* said...

So true. When you first become a parent you don't have a clue what you are doing and then with each passing day and month you grow to love your baby more and more and love being a parent. What a job it is!