5.23.2008

Please Touch Museum

Ben and I went on a little field trip this morning. I figured the weather was so nice, that people would want to be outside with their children, and the museum wouldn't be busy. It worked out pretty well. There were only like 10 kids in the whole place while we were there.

Ben's funny. I'm definitely a little nervous about him getting older and socializing with more and more kids, because he's kind of pushy - or something. He doesn't really care who or what is in his way... if he wants that ball, or to climb those stairs, he's going to do it. When I hold his hand and tell him he has to wait his turn, he crumples to the ground, so it looks like I'm pulling his arm out of its socket. That's embarrassing for me.

They have a Septa Bus display there at the museum, and because Ben loves buses so much (and he's got eagle eyes - he can point one out from three blocks away when we're in the car), I thought he'd be all about it. Not so much. I walked over to the display and onto the bus and sat in one of the seats... He followed me in, started crying, and ran away. Oh well.

I wasn't able to get any good pictures of him because he was moving around so much. He walked up the steps to the monorail and hopped on, though. He stayed there a bit and enjoyed his new vantage point.
And then he spent lots of time on the steps. Up and down. I'm seriously considering taking him to the Art Museum and letting him run wild on the Rocky steps. I figure that'll tire him out.

Tomorrow we're meeting the Botbyls for breakfast and going to the Collingswood fair. I'm excited!

2 comments:

danielle said...

Tell Mr. Ben we CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM TOMORROW!! (And you and Chris, of course.)

Marge said...

What a wonderful "catch up"- my hasn't Ben been the busy traveler. I remember Please Touch: especially the dress ups. Great place. Maybe Ben thought sitting in the bus meant he would be leaving the museum? Who knows? That is what makes each day an adventure; you never really know for sure. SOME DAY we will see you again.. love to all, Aunt M