2.24.2009

So things have been plugging along for us. I know I should update more, but the truth is, when Ben naps, I nap. I'm 19 weeks and still so tired. I'm not sure why - I've talked to women who feel fine their whole pregnancy and women who are exhausted the whole time. I guess it varies.

I'm in the process of talking to the insurance company about the progesterone shots. They are trying to get a nurse sent out here to teach us how to do the injections here at home rather than me going to a doctor every week. Not gonna lie: I'm kinda terrified. But really, it's not the worst thing in the world. And it's considerably better than the alternative of another pre-term delivery.

Chris and I are going to the 5 month ultrasound on Thursday. I'm really excited. He's been working so much that this will be the first one he's been to. Fun.

In the meantime, Ben is so fun. He is truly my partner in crime. He's started counting backwards in addition to forwards - usually from either 15 or 10. He gets so excited as he gets closer to 1. The kid loves numbers. And letters. And music. This morning we were driving Chris to work and listening to DJ Shadow again, and we both noticed him looking out the window and smiling as he heard the music. He was really, really listening - anticipating the sounds that would come next.

Our favorite song to sing together is "Sing a Song" from Sesame Street. The la-la-la-la-la part, we sing extra loud, and he laughs so hard.



This morning Ben was brushing his teeth (read: sucking the yummy toddler toothpaste off of the toothbrush) and I was too and he said, 'Mommy brushing teeth too.' I almost melted. He's really stringing words together a bunch now.

Here are some pictures of him doing his favorite thing: watching Sesame Street on my laptop with his blanket tag in his mouth. I always wondered if he'd have a lovey or a soothie, and his tag is definitely it. When he's feeling extra loving and generous, he rubs it on our face or our mouth, like he likes to do.


No comments: