5.25.2009

weekend.


I love having Chris home with us on the weekends because Ben loves him so much. They wrestle and watch baseball and go to the park - that, and Chris has a little more energy than I do at the moment. But I love sitting with them and watching them interact. I think (hope) Ben knows how loved he is, and he takes comfort in that.

The boys watched the Phils game yesterday.


Sophie wanted Ben's raisins.



***

Awhile back, Aunt Dori gave Ben a membership to the Book of the Month Club. It is such a great gift, and we look forward each month to the books we get. This month couldn't have been more appropriate (Aunt Dori, did you choose this book especially for us?). It's a book called "Llama Llama Misses Mama" -
there's a whole "Llama Llama" series and they're pretty great.

The minute I saw the cover I a) knew what it was about and b) knew I'd cry when I read it to Ben.



It's Llama Llama's first day of 'school' and he's upset because he doesn't want to be there. Then, Mama Llama leaves and he's really really sad.


He goes through his day and even has trouble at lunch like Ben did (cue tears from Mom):


... but eventually starts to enjoy himself a little bit - and then Mama Llama comes to pick him up.


It's a really good book for little ones who are starting 'school' - I recommend it if you think you'll be in the same boat as us soon. I'm planning on getting some of the other books in the series, too.

In other news, Ben's favorite new show is Super WHY on pbskids. He loves it and asks for it all the time. It's not available on Comcast OnDemand, though, so we've had to dvr the episodes. I think if he could watch it 24 hours a day, he would.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: