Today was a better day than yesterday. Ben was extra sad and boogery this morning when I dropped him off, so Teacher Meg wrote up a chart for me.... was a bit weepy after Mom left - sat on the couch for a little while with blanket. Not upset, just observing and getting settled. After about 10 minutes, Zachary came over and gave him a squishy dinosaur toy, which really made his face light up! Left blanket on couch and explored the slide, going down frontwards, backwards, running sliding. Smiling!
YAY.
Ate all of his pretzel sticks but no banana for snack. Lined up with everyone to go to the park - was a great partner! Excited to see Septa buses. "Look! A BIG BUS!"
Climbing all over playground and jumping off turtle. Taking turns with other kids. Seemed to have a pattern on the slides - first the twisty, then the tunnel, then the flat slide... walked back to school and got a little sleepy. Didn't eat much lunch - but really likes applesauce! He licked the cup clean (literally :) ).
Benjamin is definitely adjusting well. He takes a little while to warm up, but he is finding things he likes & that make him comfortable.
I read a quote somewhere recently, and I can't believe how true it is:
I believe we're only as happy as our unhappiest child. It is very easy for a mother to live for the lilt in her child's voice, the sign that tells her he is all right. - Judy Goldman.





No comments:
Post a Comment