1.16.2010

wowsers.


These boys sure do keep me busy. Every day, something funny/fun/cute/ridiculous will happen and I'll think, "I have to post about that"... and then we get the boys to sleep and I crash on the couch and using my brain to write a post is the last thing I feel like doing.

We had a great holiday. Lots of time with family and friends. Ben had a blast. He got to the point over Christmas where he'd see a gift wrapped, or a gift bag, and say, 'Is that a present for me?!'

Ben is completely recovered from his tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. He's even growing! I swear, overnight his 3T pants and shirts have become too short on him. Chris and I took the boys to Old Navy last night and got a bunch of stuff on clearance. I can't believe he's in 4T already.

Ryan was 20 lbs and 28 inches at his last doctor's appointment. He's wearing 18-24 month onesies from Old Navy, and is quickly growing out of his 12-month clothes he got at Christmas. I can't believe he'll be 7 months on the 28th!

Ryan's got two bottom teeth now, and is eating well. He likes rice cereal, carrots, peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes... but try to get the guy to eat any type of fruit and you're going to get the funniest reaction from him. He has a bit of a delayed bitter/prune face. So for now, I mix a lot of rice cereal with a little bit of applesauce, and that's his fruit intake. He's also enjoying puffs and wagon wheels.

Ben still likes chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwiches. Oh, and pizza. Pretzels, french fries, fishies... Basically he's a carb guy.

It's really fun to watch the boys together. Ryan is fascinated by his big brother. He could watch him all day long. And Ben is really getting cute with Ryan - giving him (forceful) hugs and kisses... The other day we were all in Ryan's room and I'd put Ryan in the crib so I could arrange his clothes in his drawers. Ben jumped on the bed, picked up a doll I'd bought forever ago for him - and he tossed it into the crib. It was one of those hard-plastic face and hands dolls... and it hit Ryan square in the forehead.

I haven't taken many pictures at all recently. Here are a few from the past month or so.

Ryan with carrots...


Ryan with Uncle Tim...


Ryan with Cousin Jackson...


Ben and Cousin Lizzie...

No comments: