12.01.2010

prayer request

Hi folks.

So Ben has been doing awesome with the potty! No accidents to speak of and he's just a super big boy lately. He even seems happier (except for when he wakes up in the morning and doesn't feel like going).

My heart is palpitating because tomorrow Ben has his EEG appointment just to rule out the possibility of small seizures.

I have to prepare him somehow. I'm beginning to get frustrated with myself because I tend to leave things to the last minute when it comes to preparing Ben for things. I struggle with it because I don't want to tell him things too soon, so I end up waiting until the last minute. I am probably screwing the kid up either way (isn't that what our job as parents is? what else will he talk about on the therapist's couch 15 years from now?)

And honestly, how am I supposed to make THIS seem fun? How? And how can I not compare the EEG cap to Hellraiser? This child looks miserable.


vs.


The doctors say that the cap is infinitely better than the old method, which involved gluing the electrodes to the little one's head. So, I should be thankful. But in the meantime, please be thinking of Ben Thursday morning at 9am.

2 comments:

danielle said...

I'll definitely be praying... ya never know... Ben might surprise you and do fine! Let me know how it goes after your appointment.

*shell* said...

I hope that everything went well for you yesterday!