I love this picture because Ben looks like he’s praying. He does this a lot with his hands.
And did you notice? No more velcro patches on his temples!! Yay!
Yesterday Chris went to the hospital, as I’ve been banished, and he met my mom there. Ben had officially been moved to the intermediate room in NICU. The environment is different there - more relaxed. Even the lighting is less harsh:
It might not seem like much to you, but I always wondered what this nice, less-scary room was for. Now I know!
Another perk of the new digs is that grandparents can hold the babies. My mom had prepared herself, as I’m sure Chris’ parents might’ve, that it would be a long while - maybe weeks - until she could hold her grandbaby. She was just thrilled when the nurse told her that this was her lucky day:
Yesterday at around 4:30, my temperature was back down to normal, so if it stays down, I’ll be able to go in to see him tonight. I can’t wait. my body just needed some good rest. Ben likes resting too:
This morning at 8am, we have an appointment with a nearby pediatrician who comes recommended by several people we’ve talked to. I’d originally made the appointment to be a prenatal appointment - one in which we could talk to the doctor about his practice, ask him questions, etc. So the appointment will take a bit of a different turn once we tell him our news. Though if he knows moms well, I’m sure he’ll be able to tell by my tired face that the baby’s already here. Plus, yesterday Chris told me that I look “thinner and stuff” - so maybe that’ll also give something away. Hey, a girl can dream.
8.31.2006
the intermediate room, officially.
posted by liz on Thursday, August 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment